We invite you to a 2.5-days workshop on the Wheel of Consent which is a powerful tool developed by Betty Martin to improve the quality of your touch and create clear agreements so you can experience satisfying connection with self and others.
This workshop is about:
• Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself
• Understanding the dynamics of Receiving and Giving and taking them apart
• Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different
• Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive
• Waking up sensuality – feeling and following pleasure
Learning the Wheel of Consent happens through touch exercises. Understanding and embodying consent can only happen through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Any instance of touch will present its own challenges, lessons and joys.
In this workshop, you will:
• Learn the framework of the Wheel of Consent and experience the four Quadrants as a foundation for connection
• Learn what ‘Receiving’ and ‘Giving’ really are – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection, intimacy and satisfying relations
• Practice Receiving and Giving and find out where you are clear (or not) in Receiving and Giving
• Experience pleasure and sensation in your skin that you can access any time you choose
• Become aware of your desires and limits and how to communicate them
• Gain skills to bring clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying
• Access parts of yourself that have been hidden away that are ready to be seen, appreciated and healed
This weekend offers many opportunities to learn and experiment. In any moment you can choose how you want to participate in the exercises.
• No prior experience is needed.
• The workshop will be clothes on and there will be no genital touch.
• Gender balance is not something we actively strive for as it does not matter for the learning of the Wheel, so there may or may not be an equal number of women and men.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in learning more about themselves and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with intimate partners, friends, parents, children or colleagues. It is for anyone experienced or new to it. It takes time and practice to feel it in your body. New levels of awareness will happen.
HOW TO JOIN
If you want to join the workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive an email with payment details to complete the registration.
Friday: 7PM - 10PM
Saturday: 10AM - 5PM, 7PM - 9PM
Sunday: 10.00AM - 5PM
The Sanctuary, 132 Hospital Road, Callicoon, NY 12723
This is a non residential workshop, you can book a room in one of the BnB's or hotels nearby the venue. We can share the links on request.
Price without lunch: $350
Price including lunch: $390
PM Nynke or call/whatsapp: +31 643487493
ABOUT THE FACILITATORS
Zet and Nynke are both certified Wheel of Consent facilitators at the School of Consent: http://schoolofconsent.org
Along his path of self-development he experienced the power to heal and transform trauma and shadows through sexuality, therapy and religious disciplines such as buddhism and sufism. He was introduced to the Wheel of Consent 4 years ago, he realised that this practice is a way of healing and growth through empowerment. He now passionately guides people in workshops and private sessions bringing his experiences together working with the Wheel of Consent.
Her work and passion is to create and hold a space for healing, self-exploration and empowerment. Her dedicated practice of Wheel of Consent started in her intimate relationship with Zet, it had a big impact on their personal growth and ability to relate deeper to one another. As a body worker she offers sexual healing and empowerment sessions to women based on the Wheel of Consent.
“I loved this workshop to learn and especially experience the deeper essence of the Wheel of Consent. Very empowering in daily life, my relations and intimate relation.” (Pascal)
“It was really valuable to attend. I was introduced to the Wheel of Consent as part of a 10-day workshop but now I really get it because I could experience more of it. It was very powerful to practice my “no”. It was great to feel how everybody could be authentic in how they participated.” (Miep)
“For us, the timing of attending this workshop was excellent. My partner and I both felt lighter about our relationship afterwards. Some pressure had dropped and we feel more connected, also in the bedroom. The days following we applied the Wheel in our daily life, it still feels a bit challenging, but at the same time it is liberating and exciting. The question that has become important is: what do I want?” (Stella)
“Zet and Nynke guide in a beautiful and loving way. For me it was an intense and mainly clarifying 2-days. I am dedicated to learn and feel more about the Wheel of Consent. It is useful for anyone in any stage of life, but especially for body workers.” (Juli)