The Wisdom of Trauma (Movie Premiere) with Dr Gabor Mate
Time & Location
About the Event
We are promoting/supporting this event (Movie Premiere)
We have finally completed our 4 year-long film project The Wisdom of Trauma featuring the work of Dr. Gabor Maté. We are excited to announce the worldwide premiere event in the week of June 8-14 and would love it if you join us! Supporting Dr. Maté’s vision of creating a trauma-informed society is near and dear to our hearts. This movie premiere event is inspired by our vision to create greater awareness of the impact of trauma in our world. The Wisdom of Trauma has a powerful message for our time. You can sign-up to watch the worldwide premiere June 8–14. You will also get access to a 7-day Talks on Trauma teaching series with LIVE Q&A that features speakers such as Esther Perel, Stephen Porges, Peter Levine, and many other experts facilitated by Dr. Gabor Maté. We are asking everyone who registers for the premiere and the accompanying talk series to contribute a minimum donation, or upgrade to the All-Access Pass. We are a non-profit organization. Your contribution will help us bring the film to a larger audience, and organize additional events where we bring communities together to create a common understanding of how trauma impacts our individual lives, our communities, and society at large. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Let’s work together to break the cycles of trauma and create a more compassionate society!
Trauma is the invisible force that shapes our lives. It shapes the way we live, the way we love and the way we make sense of the world. It is the root of our deepest wounds. The interconnected epidemics of anxiety, chronic illness and substance abuse are, according to Dr Gabor Maté, normal. But not in the way you might think. Here are some startling facts:
- One in five Americans is diagnosed with mental illness in any given year.
- Suicide is the second most common cause of death in the US for youth aged 15-24, and kills over 800,000 people a year globally.
- Drug overdose kills 81,000 in the US annually, and
- The autoimmune epidemic affects 24 million people in the US.
What is going on? In The Wisdom of Trauma, we travel alongside physician, bestselling author and Order of Canada recipient Dr. Gabor Maté to explore why western society is facing such epidemics. This is a journey with a man who has dedicated his life to understanding the connection between illness, addiction, trauma and society. We invite you to watch the trailer and sign up to watch the movie premiere. As part of the movie premiere you will also be registered to attend our Talks on Traumaseries where you’ll hear from many leading experts in the world including:
- Peter Levine PhD - Founder of Somatic Experiencing®
- Esther Perel - Best-selling author, psychotherapist, speaker
- Resmaa Menakem - Somatic therapist and author
- Thomas Hübl - Spiritual teacher and author
- Gina Perez-Baron MD - Medical director of Seattle Indian Health Board
- Stephen Porges PhD - Distinguished university scientist, creator of Polyvagal Theory
- Daniel Siegel MD - Professor of psychiatry, director of Mindsight Institute
- Angel Acosta EdD - Leader in the fields of social justice & mindfulness
- Pat McCabe - Diné mother, grandmother, ceremonial leader and speaker
- Diane Poole Heller - Therapist, expert in attachment theory
- Stanislav Grof MD - Psychiatrist, researcher of non-ordinary states of consciousness
- Marcela Ot'alora MA, LPC - Therapist, MDMA-assisted therapy researcher
- Françoise Bourzat - Consciousness guide, counselor, author
- Rick Doblin PhD - Founder and director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Fritzi Horstman - Founder and executive director of Compassion Prison Project
- Sará King PhD - Neuroscientist, education philosopher and mindfulness instructor
- Daniel RYNO Herrera - Founder of Rewire Yourself w/ New Opportunities
- Nneka Jones Tapia PhD - Psychologist, managing director of justice initiatives at Chicago Beyond
When you register today, you will also get instant access to The Wisdom of Trauma Companion Booklet as a bonus! We look forward to sharing The Wisdom of Trauma worldwide movie premiere and special event with you. And please invite also all your friends!