Forest classes for Child and Caregiver
Time & Location
About the Event
Experience forest school with your little ones and connect with the wisdom of nature.
August 7th-8th; 9am-12pm
Cost is per child / parents FREE
The Wizard School, an adventure-based private school, is excited to partner with The Sanctuary to offer classes on the land for children ages 2-9.
The forest is a child’s most inspiring and exciting classroom, and time exploring nature sparks joy, curiosity, creativity, cooperation, and wonder.
Together we will engage in a typical day immersed in The Wizard School’s nature-based, and child-led curriculum that interweaves myth, story, and magic instilling a love of nature and developing observation, social and emotional, and academic skills.
Our Activities will Include:
- Open nature-play inspired by a curiosity sparking provocations
- Connecting with the wisdom of the four directions
- Learning about the indigenous land keepers that came before us
- Climbing and balancing on fallen trees
- Digging in the dirt and gardening
- Foraging and making wild teas
- Creating nature-based art projects
- Recognizing patterns in nature
- Building a campfire
- Storytelling and myth-making around the fire
- Nature-based poetry
- Identifying animals and plants
- Playing nature-inspired games
- Observing changes in the natural world around us
- Fort building
- Singing songs and playing instruments around the fire
Explore the town of Callicoon or relax on the land soaking in all the adventures with your child when the day is finished
=> Possibility to camp on the land on Saturday evening with evening camp fire and storytelling!
Email request at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Wizard School
The Wizard School is an enrichment program for children ages 2-9 offering forest preschool for ages 3-6, and outdoor nature-inspired extracurricular classes for ages 2-9.
The Wizard School’s mission is to make learning a magical experience while connecting students to a deep inner passion for discovery, the earth, their ancestors, and each other to awaken their inner potential.
In addition to child-led play and inquiry in nature, we practice and learn indigenous traditions, honoring the original custodians of our land, story-telling, myth, fort building, foraging, wild tea, and "potion" making, and much more.
Our curriculum is inspired by traditional forest preschool traditions such as The Cedarsong Way (“which increases awareness of and connection to the natural world in order to foster compassion and empathy for the earth and all its inhabitants”) with a sparkle of fairy dust, potions, and spells.
- Saturday, August 7th for 1 kid$75$750$0
- Sunday, August 8th for 1 kid$75$750$0
- Saturday & Sunday, for 1 kid$145$1450$0
- RSVP Only / Not booking$0$00$0